Be available during their homework time. Listen to them without judgment. Love and welcome their friends. Carry my cell phone with me where I can hear it ring. Answer their phone calls or call back as soon as possible.
- Talk to my grown children weekly, including spouses.
- Talk to my grandchildren weekly.
- Make a record to keep track of calls made.
- Calendar their events, big and small.
Make calls or FaceBook about important events. When possible go to their events & programs.
- Write to Christopher weekly.
Help Jed with his school and mission plans.
- Clean out the garage with the children to find space for their things.
Help Jed make a tool storage area. Help Ashley make a design area. Help Phil find private space. Help Jed find private space. Plan Financial Peace University firesides each Sunday night for the grown children at our house. Help Ashley and Ben make plans to get their own residence. Do Family Dinners with the grown children once a month. Plan family activities that include the grown children.
- Visit the grown children out-of-state once a quarter.
- Read good books.
My Goals: IN ONE YEAR Learn to EAT, PRAY, LOVE ... My Way*
1) Find Health and Strength for Me and my Family (Physically, Emotionally, and Spiritually).
2) Have a Love Affair and Long-Lasting Friendship with my EC (Eternal Companion).
3) Be Available for My Children through their Triumphs and their Trials.
*As I followed Elizabeth Gilbert's journey through "Eat, Pray, Love" and now as you follow me on my journey, perhaps a world of possibilities will open up for you too. Where do you want to go? Who do you want to be? Me? I'd just like to learn to be my loving, happy self and live long and healthy enough to enjoy the outcome. And you? I encourage you to challenge yourself. What would you like to do next? What direction are you going? Our talents and uniqueness bless our world ... and someone is always watching, always following in our footsteps. My prayer is that our footsteps may always be worth following.