So, the conversation went like this:
HIM: "I get it."
ME: "But, I'm trying to tell you something else."
ME: "Can I tell you something more?"
how to tell you what I am thinking or you are misunderstanding what I am really
saying. I feel incomplete in our communication."
Silent minutes pass.
HIM: "Can I tell you what I think you said?"
ME: "Oh, wonderful! You are 75% correct!"
ME: "Can I fill in the extra 25% for you?"
ME: "Yes. You are 85% there! Can I tell you about the other 15%?"
Now, my communication was 100% complete with him. My frustration was heard. My concerns understood. A solution found. My surprise revealed. The potential stalemate had been abated. We were so proud of ourselves!