|If you or your wife feel like this, change something. Love, Mom|
|Dads don't babysit,|
they raise their children.
|Our children crave our love and attention.|
It is worth more than gold.
- Any Dad can be a Good Dad when he wants to be.
- Get educated about fathering and relationships.
- Strive to do things one-step better than your Dad did.
- Teach your children how to love, how to forgive, and how to say "I'm Sorry".
- Play with your children, work with your children, and laugh with them.
- Strive to love your children unconditionally - They are counting on you.
- Strive to protect your children - You are their advocate. They need you.
- Strive to listen to your children and honor them. Be honest with them.
- Strive to tell your children "I love you" and then show them through touch and actions - The words are as important as the follow through.
- Strive to be available for your children's trials and their triumphs whether they are young or old - Tell them and show them that you care about their life events by being there when possible and by communicating with them when you cannot.
- Strive to encourage family members to support each other, happy or sad.
- Teach your children about their Divine Heritage - They are Sons and Daughters of God and He has a special work for them to do. Help them find it.
- Teach your children to be peacemakers by being one yourself.
- Since they are watching everything you do, be who you want your child to be.
- Teach your children the importance of continual education and continual change - Teach them how to become adaptable.
- Create a home environment that your children and their friends feel safe in and enjoy. Love and accept their friends. You will influence them too.
- Take care of yourself first so you have the strength and courage to take care of your children - They are not responsible for your welfare, but you, theirs.
- On the days when Fatherhood is mere survival, remember that tomorrows always come and you get to have a fresh start every single day. Give yourself a "Time Out" and wait for it - Sunny days always come after rain!
- When you need help, ask for it. You will all feel better afterward.
- Fatherhood is the hardest but most rewarding work in the world - Don't be intimidated by it, find strength in it, embrace it, and don't give up. It pays off.
- When it is time for your children to flap their wings, let them! They will always remember it and call you "Blessed".