- I was super brave and wrote to Elizabeth Gilbert on her Facebook. I quickly just did a cut and paste of my wish to talk to her from Day 3 and pushed the send button. I soon realized that it didn't all paste in so I had to send a 2nd post with the whole clip ... again I hurried and pushed the send button. At least this way she knows I am writing this blog so if I am offending her in anyway or doing anything illegal with her work, she will tell me. One thing off my worry list. Yeah.
- I met with a friend and we ended up becoming Accountability Partners for one of my goals regarding loving and caring for my EC. She had a similar goal and so we each set a goal just for the coming week and we are going to meet next Friday to see how we each did. We even planned treats if we reach our goals. Mine is a small chocolate cream pie from my favorite little local restaurant. Hers is a treat from Starbucks. (smiles)
- I actually tried to meditate while I was at my physical therapy yesterday afternoon. There is a quiet period when I am hooked up to a electronic muscle stimulator for 15 minutes. I usually choose to lie quietly in a dark room and sleep during that time. Yesterday I chose the dark room again, but no sleeping. I tried to meditate. What do you meditate about? I wondered. I tried to just focus on a sound or a picture of a beach or a circle. Nothing. I don't know how to meditate. Finally I tried to just listen to the beat of the Christmas music I was hearing over the office speakers. Boom. Boom. Bah, Bah, Bah. Boom. Over and over I focused on the beat, not the melody. I think I meditated a little. ??? Note to self: Learn how to meditate.
- Lastly, I had the most delightful visit with my EC last night. We went on a date! We used to go every weekend, but for the past several months I have been too ill for go out. We had a great time. We talked about dreams and goals and other fun stuff. It was super!
My Goals: IN ONE YEAR Learn to EAT, PRAY, LOVE ... My Way*
1) Find Health and Strength for Me and my Family (Physically, Emotionally, and Spiritually).
2) Have a Love Affair and Long-Lasting Friendship with my EC (Eternal Companion).
3) Be Available for My Children through their Triumphs and their Trials.
*As I followed Elizabeth Gilbert's journey through "Eat, Pray, Love" and now as you follow me on my journey, perhaps a world of possibilities will open up for you too. Where do you want to go? Who do you want to be? Me? I'd just like to learn to be my loving, happy self and live long and healthy enough to enjoy the outcome. And you? I encourage you to challenge yourself. What would you like to do next? What direction are you going? Our talents and uniqueness bless our world ... and someone is always watching, always following in our footsteps. My prayer is that our footsteps may always be worth following.